The effect of Microsilica in refractory Refractory materials play an indispensable role in iron and steel smelting, sintering, porous materials and other industries. Improving the performance of refractory materials has also become a hot topic for researchers in recent years. At present,...Send InquiryChat Now
The effect of Microsilica in refractory
Refractory materials play an indispensable role in iron and steel smelting, sintering, porous materials and other industries.
Improving the performance of refractory materials has also become a hot topic for researchers in recent years.
At present, refractory castables are mainly cast by cement, but the cement requires a large amount of water during the construction process, which seriously affects the performance of the castable.
The low-cement castable with microsilica is added to the castable by virtue of the small particle size and high activity of the micro-silica powder.
By adding the dispersant-microsilica, the clogging phenomenon in the pouring process is greatly reduced, and the dispersibility is also improved and reduced.
The increase of the combined water caused by the agglomeration reduces the amount of water mixed with the mud, reduces the porosity of the castable, and further increases the high temperature flexural strength. In the different raw material castables, the amount of micro-silica powder is different, and the amount of microsilica in the spinel castable can not be too high (<0.1%), otherwise the porosity will be increased during the pouring process. Destroy its high temperature and flexural strength.
2.Application of microsilica in refractory of material industry
(1) High-grade high-performance low-cement refractory castables and prefabricated parts, the service life is three times that of ordinary castables, the refractoriness is improved by about 100 °C, and the high temperature strength and thermal shock resistance are obviously improved. It has been widely used in: coke oven, iron making, steel making, steel rolling, non-ferrous metals, glass, ceramics and power generation.
(2) Large iron trenches and steel-clad materials, permeable bricks, smear repair materials, etc.
(3) Self-flowing refractory casting materials and dry-wet spray application.
(4) Oxide-bonded silicon carbide products (ceramic kiln furniture, flame barriers, etc.).
(5) High-temperature type calcium silicate lightweight insulation material.
(6) The electric porcelain kiln is driven by corundum mullite.
(7) High temperature wear resistant materials and products.
(8) Corundum and ceramic products.
(9) Sailong combined products. At present, in addition to being commonly used in cast refractories, a large number of applications are also found in fused and sintered refractories.
Should you have any interest in our microsilica in refractory, welcome to contact us. With over 8 years experience in this field, our factory pays high attention to quality. Please rest assured to buy. Low price, fast delivery and excellent service are offered.